Cross Flow Media
SDS Cross Flow Media is specifically designed for biological fixed film systems. Cross flow media provides a cost-effective method for reduction of organics (roughing and polishing), nitrification, denitrification, and anaerobic treatment of municipal and industrial wastewaters. The modules are fabricated from rigid, non-flammable PVC sheets, which are UV-protected and resistant to rot, fungi, bacteria, acids, and alkalis commonly present in municipal wastewater.
The Cross Flow Advantage
Combining high surface area with maximum mixing/redistribution points per unit volume of media, cross flow media facilitates superior process performance in a wide range of hydraulic wetting rates.
Each sheet in a module is completely corrugated at a 60° angle from the horizontal and assembled in a cross-corrugated pattern with adjacent sheets, creating a minimum 97% void-to-volume ratio.
This configuration provides continuous and uniform horizontal distribution of both air and water throughout the full media depth, enhancing contact between the wastewater and the media biofilm.
SDS Cross Flow Media modules are excellent for both circular and rectangular systems with either rotary distributors or fixed nozzles:
- Trickling filters, bio-towers, nitrification towers; for new installations or replacement of existing media.
- Ideal replacement for rock, wood, or random media; Increases retention time and wastewater biomass contact; Improves wastewater distribution and ventilation.
- Excellent for submerged fixed-film systems in either aerobic or anaerobic modes; High mixing/redistribution and open void area promotes air and liquid mixing without impeding flow.
Dedicated Bond Joints
SDS's patented manufacturing process produces dedicated recesses on the corrugated sheets which become bonding pads when solvent-welding the sheets to form a module. This feature ensures:
- Precise and complete bonds between sheets at each of the multiple joints, from the edges throughout the entire self-supporting module.
- Pre-engineered number of mixing/redistribution points as the bonded joints become the mixing points for each pair of sheets.
- Uniform size openings and uniform module dimensions creating superior creep resistance and structural integrity.
|SDS PRODUCT||SURFACE AREA
|CFS-3000||31 (102)||180 (6,356)||Wastewater treatment,
including BOD roughing
|CF-1900||48 (157)||20 (25,424)||Wastewater treatment,
BOD roughing and
|CF-1200||69 (226)||2,457 (86,758)||Odour control,
and specialized nitrification
|CF-1550||58 (190)||1,588 (56,090)||Nitrification|
|CF-650||119 (390)||6,864 (242,300)||Odour control, aquaculture,|